Having a hard time unwinding from a long and stressful day? Let your feet do the walking toward increased relaxation. A foot soak is therapeutic, calming, and easy to perform for unwinding.
The feet can get tense and worn out after a full day, and the extra care that you show them can extend throughout the whole body. A soak gets the circulation moving, calms the nervous system, and helps clear crowded thoughts from the mind.
Follow these easy steps for a quick foot soak after work or before bed:
- Fill a foot bath with enough hot water to soak both feet (making sure it is not too hot)
- Pour in:
- 1-2 capfuls of your favorite bubble bath,
- half a cup of Epsom salts,
- or some soothing bath oil
- Soak feet for 20 minutes
- Use a pumice stone to exfoliate any dry or flaky skin
- (Optionally) apply a foot mask and leave on for 20 minutes–ex. Soothing Foot Mask, from ISUN
- Rinse off feet
- Apply moisturizing lotion and massage into sore areas
- (Optionally) cover feet with warm towel for 5 minutes
- Put on thick socks to seal in moisture if you have dry skin
Pair with a cup of tea, a good book, and enjoy!